I find myself making feminist arguments to (conservative) women and being accused of being sexist for doing so
- does that seem right to you?
- From an earlier Facebook conversation:
- me: Romney's spokesperson's tweets about women were sexist http://bit.ly/I3xRgb
- first year law student: but he criticized men as well, even their apperance
- me: in a patriarchical society, the act of criticizing a male public figure and the act of criticizing a female public figure are not equal, because women are severely underrepresented within politics, and besides: he was criticizing the women for being women, but he didn't criticize the men for being men...
- fyls: as a woman, I'm offended that you would say that... you're kind of being sexist...
- me: #facepalm
This is a recording of what Limbaugh said AFTER calling Sandra Fluke a slut. A friend had the foresight to record the broadcast. He plays a song about abducting women by hauling them off by the hair and chants “GET PREGNANT.” This is one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever heard in my life…