Facebook has more users than any service in the world, as they slowly close in on a billion. But when it comes to revenue, many old and new companies are generating more revenue in the digital world than Facebook.
Revealing stat of the day: 22 percent of web pages contain Facebook URLs. At this point, in other words, more than a fifth of all web pages in the world — 242 million of 1.3 billion — reference the Mark Zuckerberg Production.
This is per an analysis conducted by the researcher Matthew Berk, who used data for the project gathered by Common Crawl, a Google-type web-crawling tool. The data accounted for the nearly 1.3 billion URLs the tool has crawled so far in 2012.
» via The Atlantic
Source: The Atlantic
Newsflash: Facebook brings out the worst in people
Tumblr brings out the best @reasons why I hate Facebook… @wondering why I’m still on it…
Things people have said to me on Facebook:
- Anyone who posts pictures with words over them is a moron!!
- So, you think there’s something off with the 53-year-old Alec Baldwin marrying a 27-year-old yoga instructor?! You, sir, are an AGEIST!!
- You liked that movie?! Really?!?!
- You didn’t like that movie/musician/artist/author?! Really?!?!!??!
- Well… you could’ve handled that social situation a lot better…
- You do realize that these online petitions you’re posting don’t do anything, right?
- Um, I can’t have you posting on my wall anymore, even though I agree with what you’re saying, because, well: you’re making my conservative friends uncomfortable…
- Are you a filthy communist traitor to America?! *I kid you not, someone said this
- Just keep on suckling from the teet of momma government!!
- You are obviously one of the recyclist junkies!!
- Anyone who thinks Obama isn’t a socialist deserves to have their head caved in with a brick!!
- And my personal least favorite move: someone you thought you were friends with goes on your wall just to *like any of the above comments, the equivalent of the little kid coming up to you after the bully has bloodied your nose and saying: yeah!
- I like your blog!
- Nice post!
- I totally disagree with this post, but I’ll reblog it and talk about the reasons why on my own blog…
- *so-and-so started following you
*so-and-so quit following youoh yeah: you don’t notice this unless you take a screenshot of all your followers or something